OUR THOUGHTS ON PRIVACY
CONTACT THE WEBSITES
The Websites are the responsibility of ARGUS. If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the Website, or your use of the Websites, you can contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by U.S. Mail at ARGUS International, Inc., 4240 Airport Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226. You can reach us by phone at 513-852-5110.
WHAT KIND OF PERSONAL INFORMATION ARGUS COLLECTS
The privacy and security of your information is important to us. We give you the option of signing up to receive email updates. If you choose to register with us, we require you to give us your name and e-mail address. In addition, the Websites collect contact information in connection with other users whom you will manage with the Websites. We take care to protect the online data you submit to us when using the Websites and store such information in a secure database.
Additionally, some information about your server address, web browser, and computer system are automatically transmitted to our web servers so that we can operate and improve the Websites. for example, we track the number of people who view each page, the order in which pages are viewed, and other information to learn which features are the most popular and to refine our design and marketing efforts. We collect and store such information on an aggregated (collected) basis.
As part of the services offered at the Websites, we reserve the right to collect automatically and track:
- The home server, IP addresses and domain names, e-mail addresses, type of computer, and type of web browser you are using while you visit the Websites; and
- Other information volunteered by you when you use the Websites.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Aggregated Uses of Information:
- We use IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer the Websites, to authenticate user accounts, and to gather broad demographic information.
- We use demographic and profile data only for personalized content and statistical information and do not share those data with other companies except in ways that do not personally identify our users. We use these data to tailor the visitor’s experience at the Websites, showing you content that we think might interest you, and displaying the content according to your preferences.
In all cases, users may opt out of receiving future mailings. Please see the “Opting-Out” section below for more information.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. For example, how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad. This data includes information about how well our clients’ ads and campaigns have performed, whether on our platform or on other platforms.
- Data from Advertising Partners: This is data that we lawfully receive from other digital advertising companies that we work with (“Advertising Partners”) to help us deliver ads to you and recognize you across browsers and devices. This may include pseudonymous advertiser identifiers (meaning identifiers that help identify your browser or device, but do not directly identify you as a person) which some Advertisers or other third party Advertising Platforms choose to share with us – for example, your “Customer ID” with an Advertiser, a pseudonymous identifier (such as a cookie) associated with a hashed version of your email address, or demographic data such as age range. We may work with our Advertisers and Advertising Partners to synchronize their unique, pseudonymous identifiers to our own to enable us to more accurately recognise a particular unique browser or device and the advertising interests associated with it.
PUBLIC MESSAGE BOARDS AND FORUMS
The Websites may make chat rooms, forums, message boards, or news groups available to its users. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
The security of all personally identifying information associated with our users is of great concern to us. Although perfect security does not exist in any transaction process on line or in stores the Websites have security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be assured that we are constantly reviewing our security processes to keep up to date with the absolute highest levels of security encryption and service.
The Websites provides user the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us at the point where we request information about the visitor. At your request, we shall remove all of your information from our database.
You can send your request by e-mail to email@example.com, or by phone at 513-852-5110, or by U.S. Mail at ARGUS International, Inc., 4240 Airport Road, Cincinnati, Ohio 45226, attention “MARKETING”, in order to unsubscribe from any or all email lists.
REQUESTING TO SEE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request via e-mail, U.S. Mail or telephone that we provide you with the personal information we have concerning you. Once you receive this information, you may request that we modify or remove any of your personal information. We reserve the right to verify your identity before sending you this information.
You may make changes to that personal information by logging into your account and going to the “Edit Profile” page within the “Settings” selection.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Websites contain links to other sites. ARGUS is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other sites. Occasionally, you may receive cookies from third-party advertisers, partners and vendors. We do not control these cookies.
Residents of California, thanks to section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, may request, once per calendar year, from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to whom the company has disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law during the preceding year for third-party direct-marketing purposes. In your request, please attest to your being a California resident and provide a current California address for our response.
If you are a California resident and under the age of 18, and a registered user of this Website, section 22581 of the California Business and Professions Code permits you to request and obtain the removal of content that you have publicly posted. Please note that your request will not ensure a complete removal of the content and that in some cases the statute may not require or allow removal even if requested.
ACCESS TO CHILDREN
We do not direct any features of the Websites to children under the age of 13. Children under 13 may not register with ARGUS, download, install, or use any of the services available on the Websites.
Although ARGUS does not currently direct Websites that it operates to children under the age of 13, any forthcoming Websites that interact with children under the age of 13 will always require parental consent prior to collecting personal information. Such Websites will also provide parents with access to information collected about their child and the opportunity to opt out of future collection and have us delete such information. Without prior parental consent, ARGUS will use a child’s on-line information only to respond directly to the child’s request and will not use it for other purposes without prior parental consent.
ARGUS strongly encourages parents and guardians to supervise their children’s online activities and to consider using parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers to help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools also can prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other personally identifiable information without parental permission. Products and services for sale are intended for purchase by adults. By making a purchase on the Websites, you agree that you are at least 13 years of age.
ARGUS and Websites that it operates will…
NOT collect personally identifiable off-line contact information from children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
NOT distribute to third parties any personally identifiable information with respect to children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
NOT give the ability to post publicly or otherwise distribute personally identifiable contact information with respect to children under the age of 13 without prior parental consent.
NOT entice children under the age of 13 by the prospect of a special game, prize or other activity, to divulge more information than is needed to participate in the activity.
Date of last update: October 12, 2016