- This training class has passed.
April 23 @ 12:26 am MDT
“Managing safety has always been a top priority for the Costco flight department. We are well aware of the looming Safety Management System regulations and requirements, but our decision to create and implement a comprehensive SMS was driven more by our appreciation of the effectiveness of such a program rather than some approaching new regulation.
We found ARGUS to be one of the most experienced businesses in this space, with nearly 10 years of SMS experience on a global level. Since June of 2007 PRISM has provided us comprehensive SMS solutions that are fully IS-BAO compliant.
PRISM’ safety experts have not only guided us through implementing and maintaining SMS solutions but continue to enhance and add additional value to those products. Considering all the value that we receive from our PRISM subscription, it has become one of the most cost effective assets of our flight department.”
REGISTER FOR YOUR TRAINING CLASS
Reserve Your Spot for our Spring 2020 Class.
Thank you for your Early Registration! We will contact you with Spring 2020 dates in January 2020
This Safety Management Systems Training course provides the knowledge necessary to develop, implement and mature a Safety Management System in any aviation organization, according to ICAO Standards. Take advantage of this opportunity to meet with our prism experts face to face. Your will learn everything you need to know for SMS success.
At the end of the class, all participants will have the ability to:
- Describe the 4 components and 12 elements of the ICAO Safety Management System framework.
- Implement an “effective and just” safety culture.
- Evaluate your organization’s safety culture.
- Use and apply the safety risk management process.
- Describe what change management is concerned with according to SMS.
- Understand safety performance indicators (SPI) and how they relate to the three strategies of SMS.
- Implement an Internal Auditing Program (IAP) in your organization and where to find appropriate checklists.
- Understand a phased approach to SMS implementation.
- Use and apply several root cause analysis techniques in safety investigations.
This Safety Management Systems Course is taught by PRISM instructors with real-world experience.
The PRISM ARMOR online SMS Tool will be used as a case study for the application of Safety Management System best practices during the course. Learn more about PRISM ARMOR Here.
This training course is designed for personnel involved in the day to day development, implementation, execution, management, over-site and evaluation of safety management system operation.
Our trainees usually consist of :
Anyone else that will be implementing or executing the SMS.
- This course provides the knowledge necessary to develop, implement and mature a Safety Management System in any aviation organization, according to ICAO.
- All courses are taught by PRISM instructors with real-world experience.
- Take advantage of this opportunity to meet with our prism experts face to face, and learn everything you need to know for safety management system (SMS) success.
- We keep class sizes small to help facilitate the discussion. Research shows that the more involved you are, the more you will get out of the class.
PRISM SMS Instructors
A graduate of the United States Air Force Academy with a Bachelor of Science degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Guido has over 27 years of experience in the Aviation industry in various positions including flight operations, maintenance & engineering and operational safety functions in helicopter operations, general aviation, ground operations, cargo, commercial airlines and aviation/aerospace design & manufacturing.
He was the Director for Safety and Quality Assurance for Avianca Airlines for 15 years. Guido also has an extensive career as an Operational Safety and Quality instructor all over the world as an instructor for the IATA. Guido is a certified Lead IOSA, ISAGO, BARS and IS-BAO Auditor.
Guido is an SMS, QMS, IOSA, ISAGO and IS-BAO instructor in both English and Spanish with worldwide experience in the application of Safety and Quality Management in different segments of Aviation.
A graduate of Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with a master’s degree in Safety Science. Jenna is a Certified Flight Instructor with more than ten years of experience in aviation safety. An integral member of the PRISM team since 2013, she has provided safety management support to over 300 flight operations. She is also a Web Manuals Certified Editor and has over five years of experience working with Part 91 and 135 Business Aviation operations.
VENUE & ACCOMMODATIONS
The Courtyard By Marriot
8320 South Valley Highway
Englewood, CO 80112
(Don’t forget to let the hotel know you are with PRISM to receive the discounted rate.)
The hotel provides transportation within 6 miles of it’s location. It is easy walking distance to the Park Meadows Mall and the light rail via a pedestrian skybridge.
The Courtyard by Marriott has offered SMS class participants a special rate of $149 (single room or double room) per night if booked at least one month before the class. To receive the discount you must call the hotel directly and let them know you are with “PRISM”.